How to Find the Right Retirement Residence in Canada
Resources on touring and shopping for seniors’ residences
You’ve decided to pursue retirement living as you believe it will make your or a loved one’s life better, and now begins the journey of finding the ideal seniors’ residence. You’re looking for a retirement residence that not only satisfies your practical needs and preferences, but also feels like home—a place you can see yourself thriving for years to come. So where to begin, and how will you know when you’ve found the right retirement home for you?
We’ve put together a full list of helpful resources like checklists, guides, videos, and infographics that can guide you as you begin touring and shopping for retirement residences, answering questions like:
- What questions should I ask myself or a loved one before embarking on tours?
- How will I know if a retirement residence feels like home to me?
- What should I look out for during a tour of a seniors’ home?
- What questions should I ask during a tour of a retirement community?
- How can I find out how current residents and family members feel about a retirement residence?
- What is the move-in process for retirement residences?
- Are there waiting lists for retirement homes?
You’ll not only find educational resources on finding the right retirement community for yourself or a loved one, but also advice on preparing to move—and potentially downsize—to your new home. We explore topics like:
- Downsizing tips—including who to involve in the move, how to organize belongings you want to keep or donate, and how to support a loved one with the work involved in preparing to move
- How to furnish and decorate a new retirement residence suite
- What to expect during your transition to your new retirement home
- How Chartwell can support your move to make it easier on you or a loved one
Ready to get the senior living information you need so you can make an informed decision on next steps for yourself or a loved one? Browse some of our most popular resources today!