At Chartwell, we value the time, skills and commitment of our volunteers!
Volunteers play an active and important role at Chartwell, and we are always looking for caring and compassionate people who are eager to make a difference. Whether you are interested in assisting our trained staff in a specific area, or leading a program or activity on your own, we can help customize your experience so that it meets your needs while positively impacting the lives of our residents.
If you are looking for meaningful ways to contribute your skills and/or time toward helping seniors in your community, we have multiple opportunities available. With over 175 residences across Canada, we likely have a home in your neighbourhood.
Some of the benefits of volunteering at Chartwell are:
- Making people’s lives BETTER!
- Enjoying a sense of purpose and personal fulfillment
- Developing connections with residents, family members and staff
- Enhancing a specific skill set and sharing your experience with others
- Learning from a supportive and knowledgeable staff team
- Having flexible hours adapted to your own schedule
Some of the volunteer opportunities available in our homes include:
- Conducting one-on-one social visits with residents
- Escorting residents on outings
- Pastoral care visits
- Assisting with special events, game nights and clubs / committees
- Intergenerational programs
- Creative Arts & Crafts programs
- Spiritual services
- Baking & cooking
- Computer classes and video chat lessons
The following may be required prior to volunteering:
- Criminal Reference Check / Vulnerable Sector Screening
- Completion of a current two-step TB test (depending on residence)
- Flu vaccination (highly recommended)
Please note that individuals under the age of majority are welcome to volunteer but will be supervised at all times.