Chartwell Deerview Crossing Retirement Residence
460 Rymal Road West,
“Different levels of care allow for personalized service”
Chartwell offers a range of care levels from independent living to supportive living to long term care. The following care levels are offered at this residence. For specific questions about additional care needs, please contact us.
Independent Supportive Living
Independent suites with the convenience of general household services such as dining, lifestyle programs and housekeeping but with the added availability of on-site personal care services such as medication administration or assistance with daily living activities. Care services can be offered by Chartwell staff or through government-funded home care agencies, depending on the jurisdiction and availability in each retirement residence.
Independent suites with personal care services included in the fee, in a separate and secure wing or floor within the retirement community, for residents with memory loss. Programming and services, including dining and lifestyle activities, are geared towards residents living with Alzheimer’s or Dementia and with non-aggressive behaviour.
Care and wellness services provided in our retirement residences include:
- Staff available 24-hours
- Regular observation and supervision of well-being
- Gentle exercise
Fee-for-service personal care programs* can include:
- Medication administration**
- Medication assistance
- Assistance with daily living activities such as dressing, hygiene, bathing, dental care, etc.
- Customized special care
- Escort to activities and meals or transfer assistance
- Laundry service, daily housekeeping, seasonal cleaning services
- Other care services as agreed
Additional care services provided in Memory care suites:
- Small resident-staff ratios
- Menu selections are easy to manage, familiar and appealing to individual preferences
- Small group, short duration programs
- Brain stimulating activities and reminiscing
- Individualized care plans
*These services are offered to help residents manage their needs in the comfort and privacy of their Chartwell residence. Please ask us for more information on which services are available in the home you are considering or to evaluate your care needs.
**The medication service includes the assistance/administration, storage and processing of prescribed medications from the Wellness & Care Centre.