Know the benefits
It is understandable for you to be reluctant to move into a smaller home, especially if you have lived in your home for decades and have memories connected with it. However, moving to a retirement community can relieve stress related to scheduling transportation to appointments, worrying about meal preparation and reducing household chores, as well as offer a range of activities and social connections.
Do Your Research
This is important because there are so many different retirement living options available, from independent living to assisted living to enhanced support options such as memory care. If you’d like to better understand retirement living options, including long term care, click below.
Have a plan
- Make a list of the residences you are considering
- Ask friends, family or community contacts like doctors or a member of your clergy to suggest reputable retirement residences
- Visit a residence more than once
- Stay and have a meal; meet other residents and ask questions
- Attend an event or open house
- Arrange a guest stay to really see how it feels
Most importantly, take the time you need to explore your options. Connect with our professional and friendly staff, who can help you with various steps.